Continue to Module
This activity is designed for nurses and other extended healthcare providers who are at the forefront of assessing and caring for patients.
Upon completion of this activity, participant should be able to:
- Describe the modes of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the healthcare setting.
- Discuss evidence-based practice guidelines for preventing cross-contamination of pathogenic agents.
- Integrate infection control measures into regular clinical care.
- Explain how transmission of infectious agents can occur through environmental equipment.
- Identify special patient populations that require additional infection precautions.
- Summarize the benefits to the patient, provider, and healthcare facility when infection control guidelines are implemented.
This activity is designed to address the following core and team competencies: Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Employ Evidenced-based Practice, and Roles & Responsibilities.
Ciné-Med adheres to accreditation requirements regarding industry support of continuing medical education. Disclosure of the planning committee and faculty's commercial relationships will be made known at the activity. Speakers are required to openly disclose any limitations of data and/or any discussion of any off-label, experimental, or investigational uses of drugs or devices in their presentations.
All Ciné-Med employees and subject matter experts in control of content have indicated that they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Susan Miller, PhD
Nurse Development Specialist
Disclosure: No relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non Endorsement Statement
Ciné-Med verifies that sound education principles have been demonstrated in the development of this educational offering as evidenced by the review of its objectives, teaching plan, faculty, and activity evaluation process. Ciné-Med does not endorse or support the actual opinions or material content as presented by the speaker(s) and/or sponsoring organization.
In support of improving patient care, Ciné-Med Inc. is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
This activity provides 1 contact hour for nurses.
All other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Release: May 20, 2019
Expiration: May 20, 2020
This activity is being supported in part by an educational grant from Cardinal Health.